Effective February 14, 2014
We collect personal data that you provide- Personal Information data (such as your name, address, email, athletic or academic information, pictures and videos) and, like most websites, non-personal data (such as your IP address, web pages viewed, browser type, and usage data). Keep in mind that information you share on your public profile will be visible to everyone, including non-registered users.
We use your information to operate Playing The Recruiting Game™, and we will share some of your data. This enables us, among other things, to connect coaches and athletes, process transactions, improve Playing The Recruiting Game™, and provide relevant promotional offers. We communicate with you on PlayingTheRecruitingGame.com and via email, mobile apps, and other channels.
We secure your data in accordance with industry standards and technology. However, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Playing The Recruiting Game™. There is no guarantee that information you transmit may not be accessed or disclosed if our safeguards are breached. We ask you to do your part by maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information and controlling access to your email communications.
As a Playing The Recruiting Game™ user, you can always:
- Review, add to, or edit your personal information through your personal profile page;
- Control what information you make available publicly through your public profile;
- Change your settings to control visibility and accessibility through our website; and
- Tell us to close your Playing The Recruiting GameTM account.
Playing The Recruiting Game™
2855 N University Dr., Ste 510
Coral Springs, FL. 33065
Why and How We Use Your Information
How We Gather and Group Your Personal Information
- PUBLIC INFORMATION. “Public Information” is Personal Information that you provide that is available to anyone on the Site. This includes, but is not limited to, data such as your full name, sport, athletic information, pictures, and videos; we or others may freely use this data. You may adjust which Public Information is shared in your privacy settings, located in the “Edit Profile” section of the Site. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Website, your content will be considered Public Information and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- SEMI-PUBLIC INFORMATION. “Semi-Public Information” is Personal Information that you provide that is available to certain other registered users of the Service and is required from all registered users. This includes, but is not limited to, your postal address, phone number, email address and academic information. As a main function of the Service is connecting college coaches and student athletes, sufficient information needs to be presented to help each side to decide if it’s worth making a connection. For example, registered college coaches can always see a user’s full contact information and academic information. However, another registered student athlete or a logged out user cannot generally see this information. For college coaches, this means that athletes can see which school you are associated with, and information you provide about yourself, your team, and your college or university in your profile, as well as certain actions you take on the Site.
- PRIVATE INFORMATION. “Private Information” is Personal Information that you provide that we do not share with other Site users. This includes, but is not limited to, your password, privacy settings, credit card number, and billing and shipping information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
- OPERATE THE SERVICE. We use your Personal Information to help us efficiently operate the Service. For example, we may use Public Information and Semi-Public Information to enable other users to find your profile, to determine whether a coach and an athlete may be a potential match for each other, and to allow users to initiate communication with each other. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties to further the purpose for which you provided such information to us. For example, to operate the Service, including processing your transactions and supporting your activities on the Service, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide us with support services, such as authorization of credit card transactions, email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, order fulfillment and sweepstakes and promotional fulfillment.
- SERVICE COMMUNICATIONS. We use your Personal Information to contact you in connection with your transactions, inquiries, requests and other activities on the Service (including, but not limited to, verification emails, emails triggered by your or other users’ activity on the Service, or important news that could affect your relationship with Playing The Recruiting Game™. These types of communications are known as “Service Communications.” In some cases, Service Communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers. We also use Personal Information to send you newsletters, information, offers and other promotional materials for Playing The Recruiting Game™ or third parties’ goods or services. Each email communication has an unsubscribe link, enabling you to decline to receive future communications. By registering on the Site, you are opting in to receive Playing The Recruiting Game™ communications by mail, email and mobile devices (via SMS/push alerts). If we contact you using methods beyond email, you will typically be able to opt-out of these communications in your privacy settings.
CONNECT YOU WITH TRUSTED PARTNERS. Certain actions you or others take on the Service may indicate ways in which our partners/or we can further assist you in your recruiting process, and we may use your Personal Information to do so. For example, if we believe you would benefit from an introduction to a particular partner, we may initiate an introduction. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information shared based upon specific actions you have taken on our Service, go to your privacy settings and disable this setting, if present. If we are not currently contemplating connecting you with our partners based on your specific actions, you may not see such a setting. Please note that opting out of these communications will not otherwise limit our ability to use your Personal Information as otherwise permitted herein.
ALLOW YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN CERTAIN THIRD PARTY OFFERS AND PROGRAMS. By purchasing, registering or making reservations for products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or magazine subscriptions) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site, you consent to our providing your Personal Information to those third parties. Those third parties may use your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding your preferences for the use of your Personal Information by them.
SPECIAL CASES IN WHICH WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Your Personal Information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a corporate restructuring (such as a sale, merger, or other transfer of ownership or assets, or a bankruptcy). We may also disclose Personal Information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law or legal process, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of Playing The Recruiting Game™ or other visitors to the Site. We also may disclose your Personal Information to our subsidiary and parent companies and businesses, and other affiliated legal entities and businesses with whom we are under common corporate control.
Social Media and Links to Other Websites
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
When you access our Service, we may automatically collect anonymous, Non-Personal Information from you, such as IP address, web pages viewed, browser type, referring service, usage and browsing habits on the Service, and similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular state, or total number of male and female users) in a manner that does not identify any one individual.
The following are a few examples of Non-Personal Information that we collect:
- YOUR IP ADDRESS. Like most registration-based websites, we automatically collect your IP address and the web page from which you came each time you visit the Site. In order to administer and optimize the Site for you and to diagnose problems with our Site, we use your IP address to help anonymously identify you and to gather broad demographic information about you.
How We Use Non-Personal Information
However, if you do not want to receive such targeted advertisements then you can opt-out of being tracked by our vendors. To opt-out of such tracking, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and select our current vendor(s) and any other companies you choose. For a list of our current vendor(s), see: http://blog.playingtherecruitinggame /behavioral-advertising-partners.
Opting out of our behavioral advertising system does not mean that you will no longer see advertisements. You will still see advertisements; however, they will be general and not tailored to your specific interests and activities.
For more information on how to opt-out of behavioral advertising, see: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers. To learn more about how you can exercise choices about the collection and use of certain data online for purposes of targeted advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers
Our Security Precautions with Your Information
The Site has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. To such end, we adhere to industry standard practices and procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the security of your Personal Information and our system, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, no transmission via the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result of this and other factors beyond our control, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit to or through our Website. Therefore, you assume that risk by using the Website.
Protection for Children and Minors
This Website is not intended for, and we have no intention of collecting Personal Information from, persons under the age of 13. If a person under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to access or submit any content or information to this Website.
How You Can Opt-Out, Access and Update Your Information
To stop receiving Playing The Recruiting Game™ communications you must delete your account which you can do at any time by contacting us at http://www.playingtherecruitinggame.com.php56-15.dfw3-2.websitetestlink.com/contact-us/ Please note that if you delete your account, we may continue to retain your information on our servers for archival purposes. If you re-register with the Service in the future, we may associate your new registration information with your previously provided registration information. In addition, we may give you the opportunity to opt-out of certain communications in the ‘Edit Profile” section of the Site.
We give you the opportunity to modify Personal Information you have provided to us at any time by going to the “Edit Profile” section of the Site or by contacting us. While these changes normally take effect in a matter of hours, in some special cases, it may take up to 5 days to take effect on the public areas of the Site.
If you do not want your Personal Information shared with any third party who may use such information for direct marketing purposes, then you may opt-out of such disclosures by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
United States of America